Mental Health First Aid ACTION PLAN
A pproach, assess and assist with any crisis
L isten non-judgementally
E ncourage appropriate professional help
E ncourage other supports
The MHFA courses teach you how to give mental health first aid using the Action Plan.
MHFA courses can provide members of the community with:
- Skills in how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems;
- Knowledge of the possible causes or risk factors for these mental health problems;
- Awareness of the evidenced based medical, psychological and alternative treatments available;
- Skills in how to give appropriate initial help and support someone experiencing a mental health problem;
- Skills in how to take appropriate action if a crisis situation arises involving suicidal behaviour, panic attack, stress reaction to trauma, overdose or threatening psychotic behaviour.
Help someone you care about today ... https://mhfa.com.au/