WHATS HAPPENING in 2017?
February gatherings started off with a bit of excitement with ladies unavailable to find our new location at Caboolture and Chloe (my Assistance Dog) escaping from a secured dog park at Centenary Lakes. LOL, she had a glorious time chasing the ducks and me close on her tail. BIG thankyou to the lovely lady Penny who caught a very wet Chloe for me while 3 service men sat and watched. As it was our 4th Birthday we enjoyed cup cakes and lovely coffee bean bags to take home, all supplied by the ladies. We had a lucky dip with $5 gifts and Rachel (Caboolture co-ordinator) provided Book Mark kits for the ladies to take home and make for those less fortunate.
In Nambour we meet with the Rotary Garden Village committee at their lovely new club house. With trees in the background, lace cloth and table, it looked wonderful with the chocolate fairy cup cakes. It was a great informative afternoon for all. We later joined a couple of lovely ladies by the pool to hear about their ideas of what the ARK group could do for them.
If you would like to join the telephone tree please let me know, we have many ladies that still are not well enough to leave the comfort of their homes and would welcome a friendly call.
BIG thanks to all who contribute, without your thoughts, your ideas, your enthusiasm the ARK could not grow!!
It has been decided that this year our focus will be ‘TRANSFORMATION”, for without transforming, moving forward, growing, forgiving and letting go of things we have no control over, we will not prosper!!!!
2016 Combined END of YEAR Party…..
After our combined end of year luncheon at Scoopys on Bribie in November 2016, lots of exciting ideas came to the surface such as:-
# Bookmarks with inspirational words and quotes to be made and given out to those feeling low
# Making items to give away for the seasons of Easter, Christmas, Birthday etc
# Hand out gifts on arrival for new members (membership is free)
# Have more fun activities such as ‘Dance Verber’ taught by Tara its called ‘work it off ‘, Laughter and Sand Theropy.
# Ask Price Attack to provide sisterhood care packs for us to pass onto those brave enough to leave DV
# Continue with collecting pre-loved, new or handmade items and deliver them directly to those in need
Currently we have approx 30+ members, several of which i speak to over the phone as they have not yet been confident enough to venture to far from the safety of their home. We value all members and appreciate what each of them have to contribute, even if it is to call another member, just to ask the question R U OK?
At our Christmas break-up, partners were invited and we were lucky to have one brave man to show. Rick Williams [MP for Pumicestone] was invited, however was unable to attend. It was a great time had by all. It was a challenge to name Santa’s reindeer and what the 12 days of Christmas was, but thanks to google we managed it.
We had a lot to be grateful for in 2016:-
- first and fore most grateful to God his Goodness, Openness and Deliverance
- for my faith, my hope, strength, courage and perseverance to start these groups
- what i have and my assistance in training dog, Molly (thanks Canine Helpers for the Disabled)
- excellent health. to be able to look after my g/kids, good husband and family unit
- fresh start in life, closure and justice, family and husband
- even though my health is worse, my family is a good reason to get out of bed each day
- the fact my life is my own now, i am my own boss, i have a more well rounded perpective
- enjoying meeting people, making new friends, working towards something
- growing more to helping others and contributing to society
- freedom of speech, more people to talk to too,
- love my new kitchen, to have more space and less clutter
- thankful that i was invited today, i have realised less is more
- KISS – Keep It Simple Sister, thankful for groups such as this
- thankful for my health and family
- grateful for the wonderful people and dogs at this table, thankful that i no longer feel alone
Looking forward to meeting many more new members in 2017 and hopefully starting up some more groups in other locations in Qld or perhaps Australia.
If you are interested in becoming a co-ordinator in your area, please give me a call directly on 0427485970, cheers Valerie